Start Up Business Ideas: 6 Reasons to Start a Junk Hauling Business.
- Money. Junk removal is lucrative and pays up to $80/hr. Bonus: it’s usually CASH.
- Minimal startup costs. All that’s needed is a truck. Rent one when you need it.
- Work from home, and work when you WANT to. Haul before your job. Haul after your job. Haul on weekends only. If you want flexible work hours, this is the job.
- Steady, growing demand. The average American home has at least 3 full trucks of “stuff” it doesn’t need. Most don’t have a truck or the time to haul their own junk. Junk removal is so popular that many national companies have sales of $200+ million yearly. Now is THE time to start a hauling service.
- No marketing overhead. The phone book is irrelevant and has been replaced by Craigslist and the Web. Junk haulers now have the same access to customers as the big corporate companies. But with less overhead, you can charge significantly less and stay BUSY.
- Keep the good stuff! Customers regularly hand over treasures like sporting goods, laptops, almost-new furniture, and more. Keep it for yourself or sell on Craigslist for extra income.
The 6 things you need to get started today.
- Work truck. Rent one for $20 a day if you don’t have a truck or van.
- Moving ramp/dolly. $30…can be rented.
- Website. Our professional looking site (with free hosting) gets you on Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Customers will read your reviews and hire you because of your professional presentation (only 20% of junk haulers have websites!).
- A professional Craigslist advertisement. Craigslist is THE source for retail customers, and we have prepared for you a graphic-rich ad you will post to the top of Craigslist each day.
- Business license. Typically $50. Our guide includes simple instructions on how to secure your license in a day.
- A love of hard work. There’s plenty of money in junk removal, but it only goes to the people driven to work for it.
Starting a Hauling Business TAKES WORK.
I’ve DONE THE WORK FOR YOU. Here’s what I’ve got…
1. My BEST SELLING EBOOK: A guide to get you through those scary first 2 weeks.
“The Definitive Guide to Starting a Junk Removal Business” is a book you read on your computer. It’s full of critical information I collected from actual junk haulers. Topics:
- Paperwork. Filing the forms and licenses to ensure that you’re LEGAL.
- Advertising.How to maximize your Craiglist leads. Where to find businesses that need hauling services consistently all year and how to secure their business. How to get listed on the first page of Google and the other 13 Internet directories (Yahoo, Yelp, Citysearch, and more) where customers are searching for you.
- Equipment. Trucks, trailers, dollies, back braces, boots, gloves…everything you need to do it SAFE and RIGHT.
- Customer Service.The 5 things you must do on every job to ensure that you will get repeat business and referrals.
- Landfills.Don’t go straight to the landfill! Many items can be donated to charity or even sold for a profit. Tricks to keep your costs down.
- The 15 Most Common Hauling Jobs. How to haul them. How to price them. Not all hauling jobs are equal! Some take twice as long to fill your truck. Others involve extra fees (office equipment, computers, etc.). I give you tips on how to approach each unique request.
- 5 Hazardous Items you CAN’T Haul.There are 5 items that most counties will not allow junk handlers to transport. Know them before you make a mistake.
2. CRAIGSLIST AD TEMPLATE: Put forth a truly PROFESSIONAL image on the “The List.”
Craigslist is THE place to start. An ocean full of customers and NO COST to reach them. But you MUST LOOK PROFESSIONAL to get noticed. I have the solution for you: a template created just for junk haulers.
- Simple instructions. You don’t need to be a computer wiz. Just follow our step-by-step instructions in plain English.
- Easily customized. Edit your business name, email, and phone number.
- Post to the top of the list. Easy-to-follow instructions for posting to the top of the list daily.
- A professional image. Text-only ads have HALF the response rate of ads with graphics.
3. FLYER TEMPLATE: A flyer that GETS ATTENTION.
What can you hand out to prospects–neighbors, real estate agents, construction companies, contractors, and more–that doesn’t go straight to the trash? I designed a flyer with a unique, polished appearance that MAKES A STRONG FIRST IMPRESSION.
- Order online. Upload to Vista Print, place your order, and receive your flyers within days.
- Easily customized. I show you how, in a video.
- Glossy finish. Tidy design. More memorable than a business card.
4. WEBSITE TEMPLATE: Your chance to REACH MILLIONS OF CUSTOMERS.
The whole world can find you online, but WEBSITES DON’T COME CHEAP: $250 for the design, and $130 a year for hosting. I put together a template for you, and it’s JUST FOR JUNK HAULERS. The details:
- Free hosting. No setup fees. No monthly fees. No fees at all…ever.
- Easy setup. Watch a brief video showing you how to set up and customize your junk hauling website.
- An instant online presence. Set up takes about 10 minutes and your website is LIVE.
- Search engine guide. Tips on getting listed (and found) on Google, Yahoo, Bing, Yelp, Citysearch, and more.
- Collect reviews. Also includes proven tactics to acquire reviews from your customers to create a fast-growing buzz about your company.
We asked our customers: Can you really learn junk hauling online?
“I bought a trailer off a local classified ad and have been doing junk removal. It is truly an awesome business and I wish I started YEARS ago! Lots of the items you remove or that end up in your trailer are good, usable and sellable! I have had the good fortune of getting 5 gallon buckets of paint that had never been opened (repaint my house inside & outside!), enough baseboards to redo my house, flat screens, radios, 6 panel doors, lawn mowers, china cabinets, uncashed money orders (returned them to the property owner even though the payee was blank), brand new in the box ceiling fans, light fixtures, tools, saws, drills, pressure washers, fishing gear, ammo, home gym set like you see at the health club with squat rack, bench, lat pull down, v rope, etc,… Recently I had so much furniture in MY garage that I asked a family member if I could store “a few” things in their garage while I advertise it all for sale and hold garage sales. I ended up accumulating so much so fast that they grew angry with me at the amount of stuff in their garage… An antique rocking chair, office chair and a nice wooden antique table calmed them down…
It’s a great business!”
“I am always skeptical of buying “how to” things online. I admit that I was very pleased when I received the information in this ebook. The craigslist ad section pays for itself, the rest is icing on the cake. Bob even helped me after the purchase with questions I had. He responded through email immediately. I would recommend this product.”
“Thanks for the great tips. Got my junk hauling business set up quickly with your help.”
“Hi, Mr.Kepple first I would like to thank you, I purchased your e-book and used your ad on craigslist and it works! It more than paid for itself!”
American Junk Haulers
“I actually started my business with your Junk 2 Profit business kit. It was the first info on the junk business I purchased. It has been very helpful.”
So what’s this cost, and why should you buy it?
This information can’t be found free online (I interviewed a lot of haulers putting it together). A graphic designer would charge $350 to put together a website, flyer, and craigslist ad. So I initially wanted to ask $95 for it all. And it would be worth every penny, because you can’t get this offer anywhere else. But that’s a lot to ask from someone who hasn’t hauled a single load or made a single penny. I want to make this affordable, as I know how risky it is to invest in a new business. So how about $25…for EVERYTHING.
Not convinced? Here’s a bonus!
AUDIO RECORDING: An interview with Atlanta’s top junk hauler. LEARN from his experience.
What if you could sit down with one of the country’s most successful young junk haulers and ask him everything a new hauler would want to learn from someone who’s built one from scratch? I’ve done this for you. Listen in as I ask Casey:
- Why do junk haulers fail?
- How do you keep landfill, gas, and labor costs down?
- How to estimate jobs on the phone?
- How he turns “callers” in to “buyers.”
- Four tips for avoiding injury.
- Timing junk runs.
- How he would get his first 5 jobs, if he started again today.
- What businesses need junk hauling year ’round…and how to find them.
- …and MUCH MORE!
Hear Casey’s tips on controlling landfill costs (33 seconds):
Order now and you’re in business…TOMMORROW.
Download the materials (in Adobe PDF format) to your computer just 30 SECONDS after you place your order. Read the ebook. Post your craigslist ad. Post your website. People will FIND YOU and CALL YOU. And you’ll be ready to do the work and collect the cash…because you DID YOUR HOMEWORK.
$400 of CRITICAL tools for your new business for JUST $25. Consider the Value:
To your Success,
Webmaster and Author
PS: Did I mention my GUARANTEE?
If for any reason, any reason at all, you don’t feel “The Junk Hauling Blueprint” was worth anything less than $25, just email me within 60 days and I’ll IMMEDIATELY REFUND YOUR MONEY. It’s a truly risk-free opportunity. Order here.